As of yesterday we have a family of peacocks. Two cocks (Tiana just informed that one of them escaped over the hill and got eaten by a black bear), one peahen and three young ones, still to young to tell whether they are peacocks or hens. Mom says the cock will most likely come back to its relatives.We also got three Banty hens and one rooster, the kind with feathers on their legs. Before we got all these birds, we had 13 chickens, one died for no particular reason, and two got eaten by a coyote. It was a "fowl experience."
p.s. Never, and I mean NEVER, ride in a car with a cage full of peacocks for an hour, it was a FOUL experience!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ahaha one got eaten already? i'm so sorry! but you seem to have a sudden influx of fowl related animals.:D
well, it didn't actually get eaten, Tiana just said it did, but I'm not sure of either :)
I like blogging:)
Post a Comment